AI/Machine Learning Developer / Data Scientist
Do you want to keep kids, online users and brands safe online? Crisp is looking for an expert in machine learning technology to join our expanding engineering team.
You will be responsible for creating artificial intelligence algorithms that will classify various risks associated with social media, in the form of text, images, videos, audio or aggregated content. As such this role is well suited to someone with a strong background in AI and machine learning through their work experience or postgraduate degree/research.
Responsibilities include researching, developing and deploying machine learning models and implementing retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming, as well as sound knowledge of implementing models into ongoing operations. If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
In this role you will:
- Create, update and improve our ML classification capabilities
- Deploy new models into production on a weekly/daily basis
- Investigating any performance issues and bottlenecks
- Testing new ML architectures
- Understanding the underlying nature of our data and how best to design systems around it
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the area of Machine Learning
- Applying the latest technologies to our data in order to create performant classifiers
- Working with the rest of the Machine Learning team to ensure that everyone is working together with the right tools and technologies
- Responding quickly to the automation needs of the company
Machine Learning experience:
- RNNs: Long Short Term Memory and Gated Recurrent Units
- Graph Neural Networks
- PyTorch (or TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, ONNX)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
- Genuine interest in digital transformation
- Relationship Building skills
- Great Communication (written, spoken, listening, presentations)
- Practical operational awareness
- Aware of digital disruption and the growing concerns of dealing with large audiences online
- Self-management / Organisational Skills
- Resourceful / Problem Solving / Creativity
- Insight, Data and Analytical Skills
- Thirst for knowledge
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be WFH full time until 2022, perhaps longer. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.