Apprenticeship Software Developer
Apprentice Software Developer opportunities
Are you looking for your first role in tech after returning or retraining? Or simply looking for a new opportunity to utilise your tech skills in a forward-thinking business with a social conscious? Then this is the role for you!
Here at Crisp we’re looking to hire junior developers into our Engineering team, and we’d love it to be you!
We’re offering training and development on our technologies and emerging technologies, together with the opportunity to work on our tech stack to deliver new code to develop our early warning risk intelligence services as part of our fight against online harms.
Crisp isn’t an elitist employer, we don’t exclusively hire people with degrees, but hire based on aptitude and attitude, and provide training and experience to develop you into a fully rounded developer.
The role you’ll perform will be working as part of a small team, developing, testing and releasing your code in an agile framework. Speed is the new currency and we have a regular cadence of releases on our product and services.
Here at Crisp we’re partnering with Northcoders to hire junior developers into our Engineering team, and give them the technical tools and training needed to be successful. We’d love it to be you!
We’re offering training and development in partnership with Northcoders on this role which means you will join them on their award winning coding bootcamp for your first three months with us at Crisp. This training will support you on our technologies and emerging technologies, together with the opportunity to work on our tech stack to deliver new code to develop our early warning risk intelligence services as part of our fight against online harms.
The Apprentice level role is available to applicants who meet the Northcoders entry criteria.
What you’ll bring
- You’ll have good knowledge and a keen interest in tech
- You’ll be thirsty for knowledge and be able to learn on the job
- Ability to engage with internal stakeholders
- You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’ll have excellent attention to detail and take pride in your work - able to work on your own initiative and not afraid to propose creative solutions
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.