Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brand and social platforms, to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
Responsibility for day-to-day financial management, including financial accounting, reporting, including forecasting, and maintenance of procedures and controls. You will also be involved in tax planning for the group as well as a number of key projects, such as the selection of new accounting system.Responsibility for the accuracy of the accounting records, which includes:
- Maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Review / performance of reconciliations between the general ledger and sub-ledgers, including ensuring that all reconciling items are investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Performance of the month end close process, including the completion of the close file, investigation of variances between budgeted and actual results as well as review of month-on-month changes
- Production of the monthly consolidated accounts for presentation to the executive team and board
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of financial policies and procedures. This will include reviewing the processes that are currently in place, considering where improvements can be made, followed by proposing and then implementing a plan to close any gaps, including documenting the new procedure and training the finance team and wider business as required
- Preparation for, and assistance with the year end audit. This will include working with the team in the preparation of material prior to the audit as well as liaison with the auditors to facilitate the completion of the fieldwork and preparation of the year end accounts and tax returns
- Production of statutory accounts and co-ordination of the year end audit
- Working with our tax advisers, production of our tax returns, including the R&D tax credit claim
- Working with the Financial Controller, engage with our tax advisers on a number of key projects, providing them with the information they require and implementing recommendations as appropriate. This will include management of our external advisers, and working across the business, ensuring that key stakeholders are kept informed of progress against key milestones
- Train the finance team on the required processes, procedures and reporting resulting from the tax projects to ensure all recommendations are incorporated into the day-to-day activities of the finance team and business
- Working with the Financial Controller, involvement in the production of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Completion of other day-to-day activities of the finance team, such as maintenance of short-term cash flow forecasts and associated reporting with the Financial Controller
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to maintain clear and accurate financial records
- Be computer literate and have the ability to use various specialist applications as well as Excel at an advanced level
- Be able to learn quickly and adapt to (often complex) in-house systems
- Be organised and methodical with approach to working with excellent attention to detail
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
- An honest and discreet attitude when dealing with company information
- The ability to balance a number of conflicting demands
- Have excellent attention to detail and show curiosity
- ACA qualified, ideally gained with a big 4 firm
- 3-5 years PQE
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of managing external advisers, including Auditors
- Proven ability to plan and manage activities against clearly understood project objectives
- Ability to produce comprehensive management reports with recommendations
- Statutory reporting, including preparing Consolidated Group Accounts and exposure to both UK and US GAAP
- Experience of working with US businesses and familiarity with US tax
- Experience of working with internal stakeholders to manage financial information
- Previous experience of working in technology environments
- Previous experience within SME environments as in-house accountant
- Previous experience with budgeting and forecasting at group and departmental level
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness and life insurance cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Fruit on Mondays
- Breakfast or beer and pizza on Fridays!
Crisp’s mission is to protect Global Brands, children and social platforms from Social Media risk. At Crisp we believe that everyone should be safe from unwanted User Generated Content online. We are a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
Crisp comprises hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”