Associate Business Analyst
Crisp stops toxic, harmful and fake online content from damaging kids, enterprises, social platforms and society as a whole. This content takes many forms - fake news, terror propaganda, child grooming, hate speech, disinformation, false rumours, threats and infodemics. This content spreads virally, at scale across closed social media groups and messaging apps, going undetected by traditional monitoring tools.
By combining Artificial and Human Intelligence, Crisp’s Extended Intelligence delivers 24/7/365 protection by continually fighting the weaponisation of social communications from whoever the source, whatever the language and whichever the online harm.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify new, unknown harms. Crisp’s proprietary technology then scans the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data every week.
Crisp currently protects over $4 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in protecting their reputational risk.
As an Associate Business Analyst at Crisp, you will have a key role in driving some of the smaller features and fixes required to drive the continuous improvement to our existing capabilities. The BA profession is relatively new at Crisp, but proving invaluable as the company grows.
To meet scaling demand, we are looking for two Associate BAs, with great people skills, strategic thinkers who can work independently on some of the smaller feature requests and fixes or work alongside another BA on the problem definition, solution design, approval, delivery, roll out and validation of larger, more complex initiatives. Crisp utilises highly configurable technology to support a diverse range of services. BAs are involved in the delivery of new or improved services via the delivery of new capabilities when gaps have been identified.
What is most important is the drive to learn. You’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment, be unafraid to ask questions and embrace continuous learning.
- Capability Development
- Work with a range of stakeholders across the business to elicit requirements
- Understand how new features or improvements drive the key business objectives and key performance indicators
- Communicate business requirements to a range of stakeholders (technical, operational, commercial, marketing etc.)
- Facilitate delivery of new or improved capabilities, balancing the needs of the customer with the strategic vision of the business.
- Break down capability gaps into iterations of change for delivery teams
- Support the forecast of delivery, communicate changes to timelines and blockers or risks
- Manage dependencies between teams, resolve blockers and impediments
- Manage the acceptance of iterations as having met requirements and facilitate stakeholder acceptance
- Roll Out, Adoption & Validation
- Document and handover new capabilities to Configuration Team so that they can be implemented as per service design
- Produce training materials on new features and provide training in person or via feature video guides as required
- Validation that change has successfully met the business need
- Capture stakeholder feedback to inform continuous improvement of capabilities
- System Expertise
- Become an expert in the application and how it is used across different services provided by the business. Use the application as our customers would in order to appreciate pain points and friction
- Investigate and triage potential defects, understanding the impact based on your knowledge of the application and how it is used
Commercial experience gained in a Business Analyst role, with evidence of driving successful delivery of smaller feature requests and fixes:
- Working with a range of mid-level stakeholders to analyse and define problems
- Eliciting requirements using a range of techniques (e.g. workshops, interviews, workflow mapping etc.) and translate them into precise and actionable user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience in, or knowledge of defining measurable success criteria for solutions to problems and driving validation to demonstrate return on investment
- Contributing to or maintaining a prioritised backlog of epic and user stories
- Drive to becoming an expert in the fundamentals of our tools and be able to communicate proposed solutions to senior stakeholders from across the business
- Understanding of the importance and different approaches to delivery forecasting (e.g. story points, cycle time, road-maps etc.)
- Supporting Quality Assurance in formation of test plans and leading User Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate communication between delivery team, business stakeholders, users and clients to ensure that change realises its full potential
You’ll also need
- Ability to operate at pace
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Background in a B2B technology company
- Previous experience and knowledge of UX / UI
- Previous experience and knowledge of data management / analytics
- Experience of formal analysis techniques including use case mapping, activity diagrams, wireframing, workflow modelling etc.
- Working towards a formal business analysis or change delivery qualifications
- Interest and experience in social media
- Experience of a startup environment
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.