Our Data team is growing!
We are now on the look out for a Big Data Analyst to join our small, yet busy team.
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act.
These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more.
Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. Unfortunately, anyone has the power to create and share harmful content, especially instigators and influencers who distribute millions of new types every day.
Established in 2005 by social media entrepreneur Adam Hildreth, Crisp began protecting children and teenagers using online games and social networks from abuse, sexual exploitation, cyberbullying and other online harms. This relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
Crisp currently protects over $4.5 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in protecting their reputational risk.
As our Big Data Analyst, you will be responsible for managing data projects, carrying out robust analysis and communicating results to key stakeholders.
Collaborating with other members of the Data team, you will leverage Crisp’s extensive data to produce interactive dashboards and actionable insights.
What we look for in you
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining automated reporting and performing ad-hoc research and analysis requests
- Analysing and delivering actionable insights from data
- Managing analytics projects end to end by defining requirements, coordinating with key stakeholders and conducting robust data analysis yourself
- Establishing successful working relationships with all key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Having the option of being involved in developing data science initiatives
- Any other ad hoc team responsibilities
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Critical and analytical thinking abilities with great attention to detail
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn different analytical programming languages
- The ability to adapt to changes in the team
- The drive and initiative to take on more responsibilities
- Strong ability to scope, organise and complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have initiative and confidence to use own judgement
- Excellent ability to build relationships across all levels
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Experience and/or qualifications in a data analytics field
- BSc in a related subject
- Ability to manipulate data or experience in SQL
- Experience in data visualisation
- Ability to communicate results and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience of working in teams and collaborating with others to deliver joint projects
- A good knowledge of SQL and Google BigQuery
- Experience of working with big datasets
- Strong Excel skills and VBA knowledge a plus
- Ability to use REST APIs
- Good understanding and experience in applying statistical concepts
- Understanding of Machine Learning (and application is desirable)
- Ability to manage multiple projects under different stakeholders and competing timescales
- Proven ability to work and contribute effectively within an organisational setting
What you will get in return
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Commuter Loans to help your journey to work
- Employees perks with freebies, discounts, rewards and more
- Free yoga classes twice a week
- Subsidised gym membership
If this isn’t enough, our HQ is set in the best offices in Leeds with free fruit delivered every Monday, breakfast order each Friday and a ‘beer’ afternoon as well…plus monthly pizza treats.