Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brands and social platforms to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
This role sits within the Site Reliability Engineering team and is part of the wider Crisp Technical Services business unit. Our suite of SaaS, distributed systems and product integrations help our internal stakeholders run their critical business operations and provide customers in turn with industry leading threat detection technology products. You’ll play a key role in the formation of a new area within Crisp: that aims to drive operational excellence and customer focus into the operation of our SaaS hosted application suite.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise on cloud platforms to maintain and improve our cloud infrastructure running on the Google Cloud platform, orchestrate deployments and support our industry leading SaaS solution. As part of the SRE team you will be an integral part of ensuring our platforms are highly available and resilient, through continual monitoring and providing improvement suggestions. You will work closely with engineering teams in Development and Delivery to uphold contracted Service Level Objectives (SLOs). You will be tasked with ensuring our internal and externally available systems have reliability, and uptime appropriate to user needs.
- Working in a team to provide third line support for the infrastructure and application
- Take responsibility, ownership, and coordinate fault resolution. Work alongside a team of engineers where necessary to fix faults that are raised against the supported elements, networks, or applications,
- Own the deployment process to provide regular service improvements delivered by our engineering team
- For service impacting incidents lead the investigation into the RCA, producing any reports and co-ordinating the delivery of any fixes to mitigate further occurrences
- Use and maintain our monitoring platforms
- Experience in working in a distributed, cloud environment using Azure/AWS/GCP
- Excellent fault finding ability
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)
- Software Defined Networking
- Cloud & Platform Security
- Monitoring Solutions
- Incident Management
- Google Cloud Certifications
- Release and Deployment Tooling
- Octopus Deploy
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.