Due to continuous growth Crisp is looking for a passionate Data Librarian (Taxonomist) to join our team in Leeds.
Leading global brands and social platforms trust Crisp for Social Media Safety, safeguarding their share price and reputation by guaranteeing they are always the first to know. Which means they are always the first to act.
By combining Artificial and Human Intelligence, Crisp’s Extended Intelligence delivers 24/7/365 safety by continually fighting the weaponization of communications from whoever the source, whatever the language and whichever the online harm.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify the “unknown unknowns”. Crisp’s proprietary technology then does the heavy lifting by scanning the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data on this select cohort of individuals.
Crisp currently protects over $3.6 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service, and the trust our customers have in us to deliver that service.
You will be responsible for the taxonomy and Information Architecture that allows Crisp to classify millions of pieces of social media content. Your work will span the whole company, understanding the unique nature of the data we have, the rules that are applied to identify signals and how best to structure their classification to ensure ease of use, effective retrieval and avoid duplication.
You will convert our existing taxonomy into a new system with responsibility for its design and implementation. Develop, maintain and bridge taxonomies, metadata models and classification schemas across products and teams.
Be the internal evangelist for best practices to all areas of the business. Ensure that the whole of the business understands the importance of a holistic, structured taxonomy.
Develop a roadmap that includes immediate, easy-win improvements to our existing methodology but also leads to its transformation to a future, best in class structure.
● Understand the unique way in which our technology derives signals from the social media data that we acquire and how that data is enriched
● Document the ‘as is’ taxonomy and where and how it is applied
● Propose and design a unified taxonomy for the ‘rules’ that are applied to the data to create signals as well as the underlying data, including a gap analysis with the current position and a plan to bridge the gaps.
● Following agreement and working across the business, implement a new taxonomy. This will include undertaking the detailed work as well as training the business on its use and keeping stakeholders informed of progress. This may also include the adoption of new systems.
● Designing the processes and procedures to ensure that the taxonomy is consistently and rigorously used, which will include training as well as implementing quality control and assurance procedures
● Continuously maintaining the taxonomy framework as the business develops new services and procedures in order that the framework develops alongside and is seen as a business driver rather than inhibitor
● Work with different parts of the company to understand concepts, needs and potential problems and continuously improve the taxonomy and its application
● Passionate about classification and classification related research
● Highly analytical and strategic with strong project management skills
● Expert proofreading, communication, organizational, and research skills
● Comfortable making order out of chaos
● Comfortable leading a project and working as an individual contributor: executing on deliverables, reporting out status
● Self-motivated, positive, analytical, detail-oriented & a quick learner
● Highly computer literate
Essential and Desirable Criteria
● Master's degree in Information Management, Library Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
● Demonstrated expertise in taxonomy design and management of data structures
● Experience building large-scale taxonomies, ontologies
● Understands the impact of changes to taxonomies
● Experience with social media data classification
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which include25 days holiday + bank holidaysCritical IllnessLife Insurance CoverHealthcare Cash PlanSubsidised gym membershipCycle to Work schemeCommuters club
If this isn’t enough, we are set in some of the best offices in Leeds and have free fruit delivered every Monday, we have a breakfast order each Friday, including ‘beer’ afternoon on Fridays…plus monthly pizza treats !
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”