Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Now a Kroll business, Crisp was established in 2005 and began by protecting children and teenagers using online games, apps and social networks from paedophiles and child exploitation groups. Since then, our Real-time Risk Intelligence capabilities have expanded to include trolling, hate, media, influencer, terrorist, conspiracy, election interference, bad actor, agenda-driven, fringe and community groups.
As a leading expert in fast, actionable risk intelligence, we have a unique understanding of the risk signals embedded within digital chatter. This expertise is powered by our continuously-trained Risk Intelligence Graph, which helps us to protect our customers’ brands, assets and people from reputational damage, security threats and online harms.
We have spent 18 years training our AI technology to discover and track these risk signals. As a result, Crisp customers get peace of mind, 24/7/365. Today Crisp protects over $6.5 trillion in combined market capitalization for over 1,000 brands. Crisp customers are always first to know and first to act.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager owns the forecasting and budgeting function and is responsible for maintaining and developing complex financial models, analysing results, preparing presentations, monthly/quarterly reports, performing detailed analysis, and preparing budgets and forecasts (P&L, B/S and Cash Flows). They support Kroll Digital’s VP in deliverables (e.g. developing and submitting budgets/forecasts) for the Kroll organisation and supporting the CFO in deliverables to the Executive team.
- Prepares annual budget (P&L, B/S, Cash flow and Capital budget).
- Collaborates, questions, and challenges Department and Division budget owners to complete accurate forecasts supported by commentaries and business insights.
- Prepares quarterly re-forecasts (P&L, B/S and Cash flow and Capital spend).
- Creates and maintains existing financial models to drive quantitative insights to support business decisions and/or opportunities assessment.
- Understands the workings of the ERP system and maximises the reporting functionality of the system.
- Supports the development and maintenance of reporting dashboards for Departments, Division Leads, and Executives.
- Partners with and educates Department and Division Leads on financial data and analytics to support their decision-making and become a true business advisor.
- Develops and monitors business performance metrics.
- Assists in the preparation of the Reporting Package on a monthly basis.
- Consults with VP Finance and CFO on initiatives and provides strategic recommendations based on analysis.
- Works cross-functionally to assist in various financial and reporting projects while ensuring that best practices of corporate standards and policies are complied with.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements within the finance department and across all operating units through special projects and initiatives.
- Supports ad hoc analysis projects as required including revenue analysis, gross and net retention, commission plans, bonus payouts and product profitability.
- Supports the month-end and year-end close as needed.
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare financial statements, including monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Ability to proactively listen to obtain relevant information; tailors approach to diverse personalities and communication styles; ability to ask questions and follow-up questions to achieve a positive result.
- Ability to use data and data visualisations to develop new insights into our business and improve decision making.
- Ability to analyse historical information and results and understand cost drivers; uses this information to build appropriate budgets and forecasts for future periods.
- Reviews variance analysis on actuals versus budget and forecast in order to communicate with department heads and provide recommendations on immediate operational priorities.
- Ability to build effective process and financial models
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent, Accountant with proven experience in a similar role within an SME, experience owning a budget or who is looking to make their first move into industry from practice.
- Great communication (written, spoken, listening, presentations).
- Self-management / organisational skills.
- Problem solving.
- Relationship building.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with Certinia’s FinancialForce (accounting software) and Salesforce.
- Experience creating management reports using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Previous experience in creating/maintaining financial models for subscription/SaaS business.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.
Crisp, a Kroll business is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.