With continued growth, we are now on the look out for a Head of Digital Operations to join our team!
Although this role is remote, the right individual does need to be within an accessible distance to our Leeds offices, flexibility to attend our offices every so often will be essential.
In response to Coronavirus, our employees are currently 100% homeworking. Applicants must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defense, with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act.
These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. Unfortunately, anyone has the power to create and share harmful content, especially instigators and influencers who distribute millions of new types every day.
Established in 2005 by social media entrepreneur Adam Hildreth, Crisp began protecting children and teenagers using online games and social networks from abuse, sexual exploitation, cyberbullying and other online harms. This relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
Crisp currently protects over $4.5 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in protecting their reputational risk.
This new Crisp role of Head of Digital Operations / Site Reliability is a great opportunity for someone that wants to take ownership and responsibility for this growing area.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our runbook/strategy for Crisp’s Cloud hosted platforms, including our approach to 24x7 monitoring, reporting and delivery support.
What we expect from you:
You will define, scope, implement and maintain an appropriate digital /site reliability operation, including escalation, communication and service restoration processes and procedures will be your day to day responsibility.
Working with your team, you will develop a range of measures to proactively monitor our platforms to ensure continuous and robust platform operations and adherence to predefined platform up time SLAs.
These measures would, for example, consider:
- Overall platform health
- API quota usage
- Platform error curation
- Anomaly detection
Developing and maintaining release and update processes, you will ensure monitoring, runbooks and release procedures are kept up to date. Regular platform resiliency testing will be your priority in order to ensure maximum platform up time in the event of a loss of a data centre availability zone or nodes in the cluster.
Managing the risk register for the Digital Operations Centre will include:
- Monitoring gaps and improvements, and formally reviewing these on at least a quarterly basis with the wider Digital Delivery team
- Following-up on agreed risk mitigation and incident actions, ensuring that they are successfully implemented, and the risk assessment adjusted accordingly
- Documenting and implementing the business’ Incident Response Plan, including root cause investigation and adoption of any appropriate mitigating actions, will be one of your first projects. Following the implementation, you and your team will ensure that the plan is regularly tested, reviewed and updated as appropriate.
You will be responsible for managing a team. This will include developing their capabilities, measuring their effectiveness and implementing a set of KPI’s to monitor performance.
- Experience in the creation, implementation and ongoing management of a digital operations / site reliability function and team
- Experience managing an office based 24/7 Operations team
- Experience managing complex proprietary software
- Be proficient in SQL
- Experience implementing monitoring software, such as Zabbix or Nagios
- Experience of REST APIs for monitoring purposes
- Ability to write and maintain monitoring scripts
- Experience of working in a cloud technology environment, ideally Google Cloud
- Able to manage incidents with a calm and confident approach
Key Personal Characteristics:
- Great Communication (written, spoken, listening, presentations)
- Self-management / Organisational Skills
- Negotiation and Persuasion skills
- Problem Solving / Creativity
- Relationship Building skills
- Strategic Planning
- Technology Proponent
- Research and Analytical Skills
To be considered for the role, please apply before the 1st November 2020.
We will be assessing/interviewing throughout the advertising period, and if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date, the vacancy will be removed.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Commuter Loans to help your journey to work
- Employees perks with freebies, discounts, rewards and more
- Free yoga classes twice a week
- Subsidised gym membership
If this isn’t enough, our HQ is set in the best offices in Leeds with free fruit delivered every Monday, breakfast order each Friday and a ‘beer’ afternoon as well..plus monthly pizza !