Head of Emergency Services (Social Media/Digital)
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Crisp is seeking a talented Head of Emergency Services (Social Media/Digital) to head up our crisis detection and monitoring team, defining escalation protocol and standards and growing our global crisis social media resources. Head of Emergency Services is a unique and brand new role to Crisp Thinking, which solely focuses on Social Media Emergencies.
Brand protection at Crisp involves rapid detection of potential issues or crises facing our clients and immediate implementation of the appropriate course of action to minimize damage to our client’s public image. This may be adhering to a fixed escalation and communication plan, or instigating emergency response, as appropriate.
As Department Lead, the ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in leading analysts, controllers and emergency protocol to deliver an effective and robust critical incident assessment and escalation team. The role will involve defining and evolving processes and frameworks and responsibility across multiple operational centres and time-zones to ensure Crisp are the leading crisis monitoring and escalation team in our sector, delivering around the clock expert service.
The role will require defining and building team structure, growing, training and ongoing management of 24/7 teams to effectively assess, triage and escalate issues facing our retained clients. This will require an in-depth understanding of social media risks, and the teams will be expected to use defined processes and expertise to assess potential threats facing our protected brands to implement critical alerts, quickly and effectively.
You will ensure the Crisis Escalation Teams have the ability to look at potential threats and quickly qualify and assess impact before deciding the best course of action.
Your ability to determine whether there is a real social media crisis is a key factor to this role, as well as an understanding of our key customers and typical stakeholders to ensure alerts contain appropriate context and supporting information that will be vital for alert recipients. To ensure a robust and scalable process, you will use this know-how to define and implement an effective 24/7 issue and crisis triaging, escalation and management process across operational centres.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience in leading crisis detection and monitoring/ rapid response teams, using robust processes and procedures
- Ability to define process for triaging and managing potential crisis affecting our customers and key stakeholders
- Experience in growing and training teams effectively to allow for scale and consistent process around the clock
- Ability to set suitable KPI’s for crisis detection and monitoring and measure each crisis on an appropriate scale
- Continually review and assess the crisis plan framework, based on past learnings and events
- Provide a channel of continual updates to internal stakeholders at Crisp
- Ability to identify and monitor what a social crisis looks like and implement an appropriate course of action
- Ability to prioritise a high alert crisis to low and take appropriate action
- Use your crisis communications guidelines and processes to create a plan catered for each crisis
- A rigorous plan of what should be done when a social media crisis occurs – from low alert to high alert crisis
- Measure the impact of what the crisis may/may not have on our clients brand
- Use Crisp’s platform and tools to collect data before a crisis arises in order to benchmark against what ‘normal’ looks like vs a critical week
- Ability to manage and participate in long term conversations about the impact of an incident
Crisis Escalation & Reporting
- Experience in handling crisis monitoring, triage and assessment and incident reporting / appropriate escalation
- Excellent crisis planning skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for the rest of the team.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to support with the growth and development of a new business area
- Knowledge and experience of media response including social media approaches during a crisis / incident
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness and life insurance cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Fruit on Mondays
- Breakfast or beer and pizza on Fridays!
Crisp Thinking’s mission is to protect Global Brands, children and social platforms from Social Media risk. At Crisp we believe that everyone should be safe from unwanted User Generated Content online. We are a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
Crisp comprises hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”
« Back to all careers