Head of Machine Detection
Do you want to lead a team that helps protect kids and online users from digital harms? We are looking for a Head of Machine Detection to manage our Machine Learning team.
Delivering innovative solutions which capitalise on ML and AI capabilities, you will be responsible for leading a team of risk analysts and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learnings experts to develop machine-driven solutions that accurately identify online risk across content, actors and groups that can bring harm to our customers. You will work across the organisation to understand requirements for building innovative and sustainable capability to meet the risk analysis needs of our customers while continuously improving the delivery.
In collaboration with colleagues across disciplines (Data, Engineering, Solution Architecture, Data Science, QA, Service Leads etc.), you’ll deliver Machine Learning and AI capabilities that not only protect people, but underpin the reputations of the largest brands on the planet. You will enjoy making difficult things happen, leading the way in doing things for the first time, changing current ways of working and solving the many challenges along the way.
To do this job effectively, you will have strong leadership skills and experience, a solid track record of delivering innovative solutions and value in an organisation and a sound technical understanding of risk analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms. Your business and operational delivery knowledge will be vital to successful implementation of value-added solutions across the organisation.
- Creating new AI risk detection capabilities ranging from NLP, to Image, to Video and Sound processing
- Working closely with the Graph data science teams to build risk lenses to accurately predict risk presented by actors, groups and content.
- Working across the Chief Data Office to ensure effective cataloguing and maintenance of golden data sources to support the efficacy of machine learning initiatives.
- Driving innovation and IP from new artificial intelligence algorithms and ML models.
- Maintain a catalogue of capability and drive continuous improvement of existing models to ensure ongoing value to the organization and our customers.
- Leadership of the NLP and ML teams
- Keeping up to date with latest AI techniques and technologies
- Prioritising capability asks, ensuring the team is focused and able to deliver effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring AI and ML are well understood and embedded into operations to drive value across the organisation.
- Implement automation in the business wherever possible
- Degree educated in an aligned discipline or subject, or of degree calibre with significant senior level relevant experience
- Proven track record in developing and implementing AI algorithms
- Deep understanding of machine learning technologies and capabilities
- Strong leadership and operational delivery skills to use risk analysis, artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive business value.
- A strong understanding of operational delivery processes and how to embed machine detection effectively into the organisation.
- A strong understanding of both the technical aspects of machine learning as well as business needs.
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology with respect to machine learning and risk detection.
- Ability to facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations within and outside the team and an ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively create recommendations, influence decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- High accountability when it comes to meeting deadlines and ship dates, and ability to lead numerous projects simultaneously under time constraints.
- Ability to go deep technically on which AI methodologies are best suited to specific business and customer problems, as well as elevate your thinking to consider business and strategic implications.
- Lead and direct discovery of new tools / technologies / solutions with advanced AI / ML solutions in areas of deep learning, machine learning, NLP, Simulation etc.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a vibrant personality.
- Proficient in understanding and optimizing Cloud AI/ML services on AWS, GCP, Azure; Cloud computing services.
- Solid understanding of nuances related to building machine learning models including data preparation techniques, feature engineering techniques, building machine learning (ML) deep learning models and related ML algorithms.
- Leads functional objectives and priorities across multiple platforms, technologies and teams.
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be WFH full time until 2022. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.