Do you know what Crisp Thinking is all about?
We are a social media safety and crisis monitoring company, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest and best known brands, providing the fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media which can damage sales and impact share price. We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
The Implementation team works with both internal and external stakeholders so having great verbal and written skills are essential to the role.
You will be working alongside a team of existing Implementation Engineers, and be responsible for configuring our customers solutions in line with their agreed service. This could range from the implementation of brand new clients, to large scale changes to existing services.
Whilst having strong technical skills and experience in programming are both an advantage, the ability to communicate well, be motivated with a desire to learn and succeed coupled with an aptitude for problem solving are all key skills we are looking for in this role.
What you will bring to the team:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to client deadlines
- The foresight to automate and streamline repetitive tasks
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task across multiple concurrent projects
- Able to adapt technical skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Professional and positive approach
- Ability to communicate complex information to colleagues of all levels of IT competency
- Self-motivated and self-reliant
- Experience of working with APIs or API interactions using third party tools
- Experience of more complex Excel or Google Sheets formulas and methods
- Experience of learning bespoke technologies and platforms
- Experience in writing technical documentation and user guides
What you will be doing.
- Interpret Solution Blueprints for new and existing customer solutions as a part of new implementations, customer Health Checks and configuration changes.
- Deliver configured services for new and existing customers to agreed timescales.
- Develop ideas and tooling to automate the daily tasks of the onboarding team and wider business.
- Monitor and resolve issues relating to access to customer accounts with the support of the Client Partners.
- Review and suggest improvements to solutions during the course of implementation
- Documenting department processes, systems and workflows.
- Engage with customers to build relationships.
- Be involved with UAT and testing of new developments to the Crisp platform.
- Follow and adhere to Quality Assurance processes, reviewing and developing improvements where possible.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.