In-house Commercial Lawyer
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Crisp looking for an ambitious in-house lawyer to work on day to day contractual aspects of service delivery.
They will assist on all legal matters within the business including customer contracts drafting and negotiation. Systematically and efficiently, they will be managing contract creation, execution, and analysis to maximise financial and operational performance and minimise risk. They will also play a key role in the customer on-boarding process.
Responsible for outsourcing agreements, contracts for the supply of goods and services and software license and maintenance agreements, this person will be involved in negotiations and post-award contract management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To assist the General Counsel with day-to-day legal matters across the organisation.
- To provide pragmatic, sound and excellent advice on commercial IT/IP and Data Protection law and dealing with ad hoc customer/suppliers related legal enquiries.
- To draft and negotiate a wide range of legal agreements on behalf of the business as required.
- To ensure that the company is legally compliant and that legal risks are mitigated.
- Where appropriate, to manage external advisors.
- To advise on and assist with the drafting of internal company policies and procedures and their implementation.
• NQ – 2PQE ideally in Commercial / SaaS / Technology environment.
• Outstanding academics, including a 2:1 or above degree.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced in-house environment preferable.
• Experience with technology companies is desirable and general commercial legal work.
Key Personal Characteristic
• Strong strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
• Be comfortable in making challenging and last minute decisions/amendments and driving things forward to conclusion.
• Ability to work in a fast moving dynamic environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong persuasive skills with high levels of diplomacy.
• High levels of personal credibility, with experience of working at all organisational levels.
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the company.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness and life insurance cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Fruit on Mondays
- Breakfast or beer and pizza on Fridays!
Crisp’s mission is to protect Global Brands, children and social platforms from Social Media risk. At Crisp we believe that everyone should be safe from unwanted User Generated Content online. We are a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
Crisp comprises hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”
Back to all careers