Java Software Developer
Although we are always interested to hear from anyone with the above skills, right now we are looking for experienced Java Developers to join our team.
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be WFH full time until June 2021, perhaps longer. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Your flexibility to work in our Leeds office will be key, as we will be gradually returning to our offices.
Although this role is remote, the right individual does need to be within an accessible distance to our Leeds offices, flexibility to attend our offices every so often will be essential.
Leading global brands and social platforms trust Crisp for Social Media Safety, safeguarding their share price and reputation by guaranteeing they are always the first to know. Which means they are always the first to act.
By combining Artificial and Human Intelligence, Crisp’s Extended Intelligence delivers 24/7/365 safety by continually fighting the weaponization of communications from whoever the source, whatever the language and whichever the online harm.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify the “unknown unknowns”. Crisp’s proprietary technology then does the heavy lifting by scanning the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data on this select cohort of individuals.
Crisp currently protects over $3.6 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service, and the trust our customers have in us to deliver that service
We are looking for two Java Developers to work on innovative projects here at Crisp.
To join our team, you will be experienced in writing and maintaining high performance code in Java.
As a Java Developer at Crisp, you will be participating in the entire software development life cycle, from designing, building, and debugging applications, to deploying and supporting the software you’ve built.
The opportunity offers the chance to work for a company that produces some of the most advanced technology in the world – technology that is utilised by some of the largest social media environments and games companies across the globe.
- Analyse system requirements
- Write clean, testable code using Java
- Test and debug various applications
- Review and refactor code
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- Work experience as a professional Java developer
- In-depth Java knowledge
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in building android applications and working with the Android SDK
- Experience working with and deployment of emulated devices
- Google Cloud Platform
- Agile Project delivery (ideally Kanban)
To be considered for the role, please apply before the 30th April 2021
We will be assessing/interviewing throughout the advertising period, and if we find a suitable candidate before the closing date, the vacancy will be removed.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.