Learning & Development Manager
Making the most of people’s talents and developing them to their full potential is the core purpose of the Learning and Development Manager role. You will be passionate about helping employees learn and develop themselves but tied to this will be a strong focus on not just what the employee desires but what the company and team needs.
You will be capable of assessing training needs; procuring and crafting learning content and implementing it; and measuring outcomes and business benefits beyond just a smile sheet – just being able to do one of these things won’t be sufficient – you will need to be capable of delivering the entire package. Presentation skills, diplomacy, negotiation skills and the ability to bring along senior management are essential if you are to thrive as an L&D manager.
You will collaborate with line managers, the wider Human Resources team, Knowledge Management and Organisational Development to establish the Crisp Academy for Learning and Development by developing impactful programmes; leveraging budgets, grants and Government incentives and developing our existing talent. You will create and maintain an effective blended learning framework that each department can adopt and adjust to. You will possess multi-skills (video, podcast, gamification, etc) when it comes to training content delivery and will develop a testing strategy as part of tracking how learning is absorbed and put into practice. You will serve as an advocate for promoting a continual learning and growth mindset, ensuring that people are not left behind as the organisation continues to grow and evolve.
- Work closely and seamlessly with Organisational Development and Human Resources to deliver a single, comprehensive and inclusive training plan for Crisp staff.
- Assess both individual, departmental and organisational learning and development needs.
- Analyse key people data and liaise with senior management to decipher wants from needs.
- Manage training budgets and forecast current and future costs. Advise on the right course of action.
- Identify skills gaps and future learning requirements.
- Creating and executing learning strategies and programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and having a strong understanding of what these are.
- Curate learning content and assess relevant learning and development options.
- Consider the relevance of blended learning options such as coaching, mentoring, on-the-job training, classroom training, e-learning and simulation. Make recommendations to decision makers.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”