Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
The successful Manual Tester will be supporting the work of the engineering team.
You'll be providing specialist input into testing tooling, features and hotfixes produced by the engineering team. You will be contributing to a wider range of activities including, the development and review of guidance, test plans, test scenarios, test data, risk assessment, issues, problem resolution and contribute to delivery of high quality services.
You will be using your manual testing skills to ensure consistent high quality of our product for global clients therefore experience in web application testing is essential. In return you will have the opportunity to grow your testing skills and work closely with a dynamic, exciting development team working on a world-leading platform.
Our mission at Crisp is to protect Global Brands, children and social platforms from Social Media risk. At Crisp we believe that everyone should be safe from unwanted User Generated Content online. We are a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
Crisp comprises hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, AI, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
- Experience of different test methodologies and test approaches for manual testing.
- Experience of writing new (and the maintenance of existing) test plans and comprehensive test scripts to ensure the correct execution of business functionality and user requirements.
- The ability to maintain knowledge of specific software applications and provide detailed advice regarding their functionality and usage to others.
- Hands on experience of manual testing in an Agile environment.
- Experience of defining and refining test conditions and scenarios from a specification, user story or acceptance criteria in order to test complex systems.
- Experience of designing and creating test data to verify expected test results.
- Experience of identifying code defects through test execution.
What you need to have
- Experience in Regression and Functional Testing
- Keen Eye for Detail
- Passion to deliver quality work
- Ability to manually test API’s
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in Web Application Testing Essential
- Natural problem Solver
- Strives to Learn new things
- Agile worker who can adapt easily, embrace change and overcome obstacles in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- ISTQB foundation, or similar qualification
- Familiarity with testing asynchronous systems
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud / AWS / Azure
- Experience testing services with REST API’s.
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Critical Illness and life insurance cover
Healthcare Cash Plan
Fruit on Mondays
Breakfast or beer and pizza on Fridays!
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”
Back to all careers