Leading global brands and social platforms trust Crisp for Social Media Safety, safeguarding their share price and reputation by guaranteeing they are always the first to know. Which means they are always the first to act.
As a Principal Account Manager you will be responsible for leading the day to day engagement with our most prestigious customers - the majority of which are leaders in their respective sectors.
A successful candidate will be the key link between Crisp and one or more of our Strategic Accounts. They will be responsible for the smooth running of the strategic account; understanding both current customer challenges, and anticipating the future ones. Ensuring that Crisp teams are continually supporting our customers through our unique set of Early Warning Intelligence Services - preventing the next customer crisis, ensuring customer orientated continual improvement of Operations and improvements in AI via our intelligence services.
We provide a wide variety of services across all major customer geographies, operating side by side with our customer’s teams, bringing the best of our Technology & AI Platform combined with our Human Threat Intelligence teams to solve our customers most urgent challenges. We are regularly the first partner that they turn to for urgent or new challenges facing their Brand, Users, or Commercial partners. We provide these services 24x7x365 across all of our customers working at the dynamic pace of the internet itself.
This opportunity enables a successful candidate to be at the forefront of protecting social media companies on a daily basis - through the successful management of our services to our world leading social media customers.
In the role of the Principal Account Manager you will be responsible for:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Ownership and execution of Account Management Plans - defining and achieving upsell and cross sell targets - whilst ensuring alignment with overall corporate strategy
- Lead the development of customer specific insight based on your knowledge and understanding of the overall sector and the customer needs and threats
- Lead the internal approach for your area customer engagement and retention, shaping as well as contributing to key planning documents (contact plans, retention/renewal plans) and ensuring that the plans are delivered within agreed timescales
- Lead regular knowledge sharing sessions with the wider business to increase understanding of key accounts
- Actively develop partnership approach with both day-to-day and senior/central points of contact for all designated accounts
- Day to day management of one or more strategic accounts under a specific sector (potentially across complementary sectors)
- Responsible for bringing a customer focused view of all Crisp capabilities to the customer to deal with any new or emerging customer asks
- Establishment and maintenance of a truly strategic customer partnership - demonstrated through joint strategic investment and management of risk equally between both parties
- Ensure all CRM and service profiles are maintained in terms of customer stakeholder mapping and overall services delivered and performance criteria
- Providing a tailored overview of all current and new Crisp propositions and services, ensuring customers are receiving maximum value from our services - but also are aware of the potential value from newly available Crisp services
- Ensuring that all customer change requests or new customer needs are fully pre-qualified before being brought into the business and ensuring completion of Change Orders for all change requests
- Responsible for the day-today management of junior account managers assigned to the account’s team
Active Commercial Management
- Responsible for overall account commercial risk management
- Leading all aspects of customer retention, renewal, upsell and cross sell of services, where appropriate contributing to a new sell opportunity
- Managing all aspects account related value add activities
- Joint discussions on risk management and joint decision making on current and future customer challenges
- Understanding the current health of the relationship, including all live Crisp services and any wider delivery works underway
- Responsible for successful customer satisfaction scores through our NPS process
- Active risk management - through the definition and delivery of Monthly and Quarterly business reviews
- Issue management and escalation via commercial sector owner (P&L Owner)
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be work-from-home full time until at least mid-2021. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Senior operational / or related experience at a Tier 1 Social Media company or similar
- Familiar with delivery in a fast moving and dynamic technical environment
- Track record of managing risk across commercial boundaries either as a supplier or customer
- Proven active commercial risk management
- Proven upsell and cross-sell experience
- Strong identification of and subsequent management of multiple risk areas, commercial, operations.
- A passion for developing and maintain strategic relationships and the necessary customer networks to ensure their success
- Deep sector experience - active understanding of the challenges being faced by our customers and approaches to support them in their decision making processes
- Flexible operating style, recognising the culture and growth trajectory at Crisp
- Development of account management planning covering upsell and cross-sell approaches
- Experienced in managing commercial risk across £MM contracts
- Key contributor to sector wide go to market strategy
- Proven track record in proactively managing uncertainty with customers
- Be adaptable and receptive to change
- International or Multi-Market/ Region operating experience
- Experience in the support of social media risk or PR Comms
- Awareness of the application of technology to deal with social media risk
- Experience of designing and executing Go To Market (GTM) strategies
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”