Product Marketing Manager - Corporate Risk Intelligence
We are seeking a highly motivated and sales-oriented Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. We are looking for a self-motivated individual, interested in articulating our portfolio of Corporate Risk Intelligence products, informing marketing programming and empowering our sales teams to bring our products to market with compelling sales collateral and sales enablement resources.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for B2B marketing and sales growth, underpinned by strong project management skills, and an understanding of product marketing best practices. This includes partnering with our product development teams and competitive analysts to identify key features and differentiators. He or she will also collaborate with our sales team to improve prospect understanding and conversion, and our marketing team to ensure go-to-market campaigns are driving effective demand for our portfolio of Corporate Risk Intelligence products.
The key skills within this role are strategic and tactical, applied across the product development process. This includes the identification of corporate buyer and category market insights, the creation of product positioning and messaging, the launch of new products and features with supporting materials, and the enablement of our sales teams through collateral, use cases and the constant mining of client data and success stories.
This role is based in the US, ideally in the Chicagoland area. It requires working collaboratively across time zones and geographies, excellent analytical and writing skills, and a proactive, growth mindset. If you’re a strategic product marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit that reflects this description, please send us a copy of your resume for our hiring team to review.
- Uncover target audience motivations and market triggers to create buyer personas to inform product positioning, sales training and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with product development team to ensure products are addressing the needs of those buyers
- Collaborate with competitive analysts to ensure products are clearly differentiated and informing buyer benefits and for reasons to buy
- Collaborate with VP of Demand Generation, Campaign Manager and Data Journalist to inform go-to-market strategies, content creation and marketing campaigns
- Distribute and educate the wider commercial organization on these buyer motivations, market triggers, competitive insights and product features/differentiators
- Manage inbound sales and prospect feedback on new and existing products to help the Product Development team to continuously improve our portfolio to remain competitive
- In partnership with Competitive Analyst, proactively share market insights that will help to inform future product roadmaps and keep our wider commercial organization educated on key category trends
- Create foundational positioning and messaging to inform go-to-market campaigns, including supporting use cases and clients success stories
- Identify ways in which to deliver added value to our current customers in collaboration with Sector Leaders to help ensure upsell, cross-sell and renewal
- Create product sales kickoff toolkits to onboard commercial teams on the product portfolio, including FAQs, competitor insights and reasons to buy
- Provide ongoing sales enablement sessions and resources to help improve prospect understanding and sales conversion, and the creation of business cases
- Formalize Product Marketing best practices for the larger commercial team to increase efficiency and improve our ability to go from Product spec to live in-market for sales
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated (Bachelor's Degree or higher) or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant Product or Marketing roles
- B2B experience, preferably a technology managed service or digital enterprise solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to launch a new product into the market
- Experience reporting on buyer and category insights, and creating buyer personas
- Experience collaborating with marketing, sales and product development teams
- Experience creating positioning statements and messaging to inform marketing/sales
- Experience creating sales collateral and sales enablement resources
- Experience mining for and promoting client success stories and use cases
Essential skills and competencies
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker, with an understanding of how to identify and interpret target audience, category trends and competitive insights
- Understanding of formal Product Marketing best practices and how best to apply them across the product development process
- Familiarity with investigating and creating compelling client success stories, case studies and business cases
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Curious and competitive, with a passion for business growth and innovation
- Ability to present in a compelling and engaging manner
- Skilled oral and written communicator with the ability to work with distributed teams to drive results
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work across different time zones and geographies
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional approach and demeanor, ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Creative problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage up
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 20 days holiday + 10 Federal holidays
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- 401K retirement plan scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.
Crisp, a Kroll business is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.