Crisp provides vital risk intelligence services to global brands and social media platforms by helping them understand the complex challenges emerging from people and groups communicating online. Our services protect the daily online experiences of over 2.5 billion users, of which 400-450 million are children.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify the “unknown unknowns”. Crisp’s proprietary technology then does the heavy lifting by scanning the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data on this select cohort of individuals.
This role is working in our Data Collection team which means that we will consider candidates from either a Python or C# background as these technologies are part of our wider ecosystem. Some element of the project is written in Java so there is an opportunity for you to train onto this - how good is that? The test framework is written in Python so if your background is C# you will again pick up skills in this area.
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be hybrid so therefore working from home where necessary but also being flexible to work from our Leeds office. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Writing clean, testable code using C# or Python
- Testing and debugging various applications
- Reviewing and refactoring code
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- Analysing system requirements
Here’s what you will need:
- Experience in developing in either C# or Python
- Great communication skills
What else would be great:
- Proficiency in building android applications and working with the Android SDK
- Experience working with and deployment of emulated devices
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Agile Project delivery (ideally Kanban)
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”