Senior Data Analyst
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act.
These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more.
Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. Unfortunately, anyone has the power to create and share harmful content, especially instigators and influencers who distribute millions of new types every day.
Established in 2005 by social media entrepreneur Adam Hildreth, Crisp began protecting children and teenagers using online games and social networks from abuse, sexual exploitation, cyberbullying and other online harms. This relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
Crisp currently protects over $4.5 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in protecting their reputational risk.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering professional data services. You will identify opportunities for using Crisp data to drive sales, support customers and improve operational efficiency. Your experience and expertise is in managing stakeholders. You will manage data projects, carry out robust analysis and communicate results to key stakeholders.
Collaborating with other members of the Data Science team, you will leverage Crisp’s extensive data to produce interactive dashboards and actionable insights.
Directly Responsible Individual
- Deliver thought leadership; Design, lead and deliver data and analysis projects based on the company’s high level objectives and OKRs
- Work in partnership with stakeholders across Crisp to deliver high quality analytical and professional service
- Work self-sufficiently and actively seek out help/knowledge when faced with uncertainty
- Own key projects and ensure work is delivered within timescales and to a high standard
- Carry out analysis in a transparent, repeatable and robust way
- Communicate methods and outputs with impact
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of the team and support them through the projects which they have responsibility for
- Actively engage in transformation as the organisation evolves the services it provides to customers
- Manage complex dependencies across the organisation to deliver timely services
- Undertake big data analysis to provide data, analytics and interpretation via dashboards, data queries and reports that lead to actionable outcomes
- Support the development of data models and schemas to deliver efficient flows of data across the organisation and cost-effective data outputs
- Support product development through design and coding that delivers high-quality data outputs
- Maintain automated reporting
- Support all stakeholders with the provision of their data products (including ad-hoc data access, research and analysis requests), and confidently talk through the data products and the potential opportunities which the research analytics has demonstrated
- Lead resource planning, prioritisation and allocation
- Manage analytics projects end to end by defining requirements, coordinating with key stakeholders and conducting robust data analysis yourself
- Quality assuring analytical code
- Establish successful working relationships with all key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Participate on an on-call and weekend reporting rota as necessary
- Have the option of being involved in developing data science initiatives
- Mentor analytical colleagues
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Critical and analytical thinking abilities with great attention to detail
- Creative problem solving abilities
- The ability to adapt to changes in the team and organisation
- The drive and initiative to take on more responsibilities
- Strong ability to scope, organise and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to manage dependencies to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Ability to support and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have initiative and confidence to use own judgement
- Excellent ability to build relationships across all levels
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- BSc in related subject (or equivalent) or demonstrable relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience at a senior analytical level
- Strong ability to manipulate data or experience in SQL
- Good understanding and experience in applying statistical concepts
- Extensive experience in scoping, managing and delivering key strategic projects in an organisational setting
- Strong ability to communicate results and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience of working in teams and collaborating with others to deliver joint projects
- A good knowledge of SQL and Google BigQuery. Any familiarity with ElasticSearch would be a plus.
- Experience working with Tableau
- Extensive experience in data visualisation
- Supervision or management experience would be beneficial
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.