We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our operational intelligence function in Leeds in tandem with our function in Chicago. The Senior Duty Officer (SDO) will lead our Crisp Operational Room (COR) capability; global operations rooms delivering real time intelligence for our customers 24/7/365 on a follow the sun model.
The CORs in Leeds and Chicago are complementary and provide our operational delivery function. Each SDO will lead their respective COR and will be accountable for strategic operational delivery (individually and together). Providing the critical hinge between operational delivery and the business, these are varied, challenging and exciting roles requiring sound judgement, great customer facing skills, excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to prioritise between sometimes conflicting requirements.
These are also leadership roles; each COR has a team of Leads, Analysts, SRE and customer service professionals which the SDO will lead. The ability to deliver through others is crucial, as is the ability to identify when the COR requires the support of the broader company.
We are agnostic about the backgrounds of our staff; we simply want the best candidates. Our existing operational teams bring a variety of experience from intelligence, government, journalism, police, PR, brands, risk and crisis management, legal, military and many more.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Delivering strategically; the COR must deliver for varied and numerous customers to challenging deadlines and SLAs, 24/7/365. Quality must not be sacrificed for quantity, especially when traffic volumes surge during crises.
- Ensuring that new customer requirements are met; our customer experience is high quality and indistinguishable 24/7/365.
- Leading the delivery team, ensuring a skilled team remains motivated, stretched and focused on providing a fantastic customer service.
- Being accountable for our operational AI platform 24/7/365, using a skilled SRE and platform support team.
- Provide strategic leadership for P1 incidents to lead to a swift resolution and, where impacted, restore service levels to impacted customers.
- The successful candidate will combine a passion to protect users online with a fierce desire to help our clients minimise their online risks.
- This role is all about judgement; leading the team and our technical capability to give our customers a fantastic service, especially in times of crisis or high threat.
- We are tech led and people driven; understanding how to combine both is key.
- Delivery through others and leadership will be crucial; our operational teams are 80+ strong and growing.
- A strategic understanding of our business and online safety tech is essential.
- A desire to be part of a fast-paced and growing market leader.
This role will require some weekend working, per a rota.
- Degree educated in an appropriate discipline, or of degree calibre
- Significant leadership experience in an operational delivery environment
- Operational delivery experience on a 24/7/365 basis
- Demostrable strategic commercial experience
- Proven track record in building high performing teams
- Significant experience of managing an intelligence function
- Demonstrable experience of decision making in this environment under pressure
- Experience of working in online harm, trust and safety or reputation management
- Deep knowledge of online harms and associated regulation
- A solid grasp of technology (but not necessarily be deeply technical)
- Proven track record in customer management.
- Experience of delivering high quality intelligence services tailored to different audiences and levels
- The following is advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in an Operations Room environment
- Experience of working in, or with, intelligence
- Experience in PR, reputational management or crisis response and handling
- Experience in security or threat defense.
Skills and Competences
- Must be able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional approach and demeanour, ability to remain calm when under pressure
- A keen eye for detail
- Creative problem solver
- Demonstrable ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and to share your knowledge
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and experienced collaborator
- Analytical, using complex intelligence and research to derive insights and intelligence for customers
- Makes decisions based on facts and not emotions, and demonstrates ownership of decisions
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Change agent / advocate and able to convert those who do not embrace change or act negatively
- Commercially astute with the ability to negotiate, recognising when to escalate to more senior colleagues
- Tenacious, resilient and ambitious
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”