Help us provide intelligence to our customers. The Senior Intelligence Officer (SIO) will oversee the delivery of our intelligence to customers from our global operations centres. Each Crisp Operations Room (COR) is independent and autonomous but they will work together to deliver our 24/7/365 capability on a follow-the-sun model. Our intelligence operations are divided into verticals; the key task of the SIO is to provide horizontal coherence to those operations. Strong knowledge of online safety is crucial; the verticals span considerable breadth across both thematic risk and global clients.
A key aspect of the role is supporting the SDO (Senior Duty Officer) in the day-to-day delivery of the COR mission; as the name suggests, the SIO will lead tactical intelligence delivery. The SIO will also play a key role in supporting the 24/7 technical support areas (SRE and Service Desk); this role will require a broad and deep knowledge of Crisp - culture, business and structure. The successful candidate will be expected to get up to speed quickly (training will be provided).
The role will be accountable for the quality of our outputs across all verticals; this aspect of the role is part leadership, part diligence and part culture. The successful candidate will design, build and implement an improved QC process across all our intelligence products.
Key to our model is the scalability of our processes and structures, and this role will be responsible for ensuring adherence to processes to deliver quality output for our customers. They will also ensure that emerging threats or risks which span multiple verticals are surfaced quickly and efforts combined to ensure efficiency and speed in researching and reporting on the threat(s) to our customers.
You will be responsible ensuring customer SLAs are met, false positives are reduced and the quality of the outputs and reporting remains high.
In Chicago, the successful candidate must be able to work remotely, delivering our corporate culture and service independently and to our very high standards.
This role will require some weekend working, per a rota.
- The successful candidate will combine a passion to protect users online with a fierce desire to help our clients minimise their online risks
- This role is all about delivery; ensuring the vertical teams get the right intelligence to the right clients in the right format, on time
- Supplement the daily intelligence delivery by producing intelligence for high quality, impactful client engagements as required, including for example QBRs
- Ensure high quality output is maintained in all Crisp products
- The successful candidate will be collegiate; the ability to pull disparate parts of the organisation together is crucial
- Work with other areas of the business on new service design.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated in an appropriate discipline, or of degree calibre
- Significant experience of working in an intelligence function, including experience of OSINT and other human intelligence models
- Operational delivery experience with proven track record of decision making in this environment under pressure
- Experience of working in online harm, trust and safety or reputation management
- Knowledge of online harms and associated regulation
- A solid grasp of technology (but not necessarily be deeply technical)
- Proven track record in customer management.
- Experience of delivering high quality intelligence services tailored to different audiences and levels
- The following is advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in an Operations Room environment
- Experience of working in, or with, intelligence
- Experience in PR, reputational management or crisis response and handling
- Experience in security or threat defense.
Skills and competencies
- Must be able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional approach and demeanour, ability to remain calm when under pressure
- A keen eye for detail
- Creative problem solver
- Demonstrable ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and to share your knowledge
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and experienced collaborator
- Analytical, using complex intelligence and research to derive insights and intelligence for customers
- Makes decisions based on facts and not emotions, and demonstrates ownership of decisions
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Change agent / advocate and able to convert those who do not embrace change or act negatively
- Commercially aware with the ability to negotiate, recognising when to escalate to more senior colleagues
- Tenacious, resilient and ambitious
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”