Senior Privacy Manager
This is a strategic role that will be co-ordinating and managing a broad range of strategic and operational tasks in complex and fast-moving environments. You will need to be comfortable with prioritisation, ambiguity and driving forward multiple workstreams simultaneously.
Guided by the VP Assurance / Group DPO, you will own, implement and drive our group-wide privacy approach, including setting strategy and framework, and the deployment of tools, technologies, standards and training across the group.
Reporting to VP Assurance, you will be part of the Management team and guide fellow seniors in both strategic and operational privacy activities.
You will be responsible for building out our privacy by design framework and the successful implementation and ongoing operational management of this going forward.
You will be the operational lead on privacy matters, be responsible for running the privacy steering committee, and work closely with operational, technical, legal and governance teams across the business to ensure we remain compliant with relevant privacy regulations across all our activities.
You will develop and manage both an operational framework and governance structure, as well as delivering the required operational processes and activities, liaising with operational delivery owners to provide support with policy, process, or technical control implementations in relation to any privacy matters.
Working under the guidance and support of the VP Assurance / Group DPO, your responsibilities will be to deliver the following:
- Act as the primary point of contact for data protection queries for operational related activities.
- Identify and assess privacy risks, and develop appropriate actions / strategy to address risks.
- Define, implement and host the Privacy Steering Committee, ensuring the management of privacy compliance across the group.
- Collating and presenting periodic risk and compliance updates to the C-suite, Privacy Steering Committee and Risk Committee.
- Identify and implement an appropriate programme and framework of privacy governance, supporting policies, and procedures to manage group data privacy.
- Communicate the privacy framework to teams across the business by way of knowledge sharing.
- Working with Organisational Development and People teams to oversee and sign off privacy training requirements and delivery, to raise employee awareness of data privacy issues.
- Working with Information Security teams to continue to evolve information and data governance and operational security processes, to ensure the adequate protection of personal data, and adequate identification and management of privacy related risks.
- Previous experience of working in a senior position in a privacy role
- Recognised privacy qualification (CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, ISEB)
- Background in delivering privacy projects, programmes and frameworks across a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience working alongside/within other Business Assurance functions, including internal and external audit, security, risk and compliance teams
- Experience of working with and persuading senior stakeholders (C-Suite) and peers
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post"