Senior Problem Manager
Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brand and social platforms, to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
A Senior Problem Manager role within Crisp is tasked with managing the lifecycle of underlying “problems”, ensuring that all technical issues that cause a degradation of service are appropriately investigated and resolved, helping and driving the business to understand and appropriately identify and address root causes of technical issues and problems, prioritising remediation work in line with strategic business objectives and requirements, decreasing incident resolution times, preventing occurrence and recurrence of technical issues, driving continuous service improvement, increasing productivity and customer satisfaction.
Directly Responsible Individual:
- Responsible for the problem management function within Crisp, managing the lifecycle of technical/platform related problems, with the aim of preventing incidents from happening or recurring.
- Responsible for minimising and mitigating business-impacting incidents through controlled problem identification and responsive / proactive service improvement plans.
- Be accountable for (technical)Problem resolution according to Crisp internal and contractual customer SLAs, OKR’s and KPIs, implementing corrective actions as required.
- Establish and maintain timely communications with all relevant stakeholders to ensure they are kept informed of Problem service improvement status.
- Identifying the underlying root cause and the triggers of a Problem and initiate the most appropriate and Problem solution, temporary workaround and long term fix where required.
- Ensuring that - after a successful Problem resolution - the Problem Record contains a full historical description, and that related Known Error Records are updated.
- Undertaking a review of the resolution of a Problem (RCA) to prevent recurrence and learn any lessons for the future including verification that incidents have been appropriately resolved to enable return to service.
- Review and update the documentation for the current Incident and Problem Management processes to be in line with ITIL best practice where required.
- Provide regular reports on all Major Incident and Problem Management resolution activity.
- Producing and maintaining the MIR’s/RCA’s (Major Incident Reviews) to a variety of audiences and stakeholders across Crisp including senior and executive management level.
- Assist in the reporting on key metrics, including but not limited to volumes / trends of escalations, chase ups, and management and progression of issues
- Ownership of “monitoring of” and “driving resolution of” outstanding Problems, ensuring these are appropriately prioritised and mitigation is in place until problems are adequately addressed.
- Where required, provide feedback and input into other relevant Service Operational management processes.
- Heading up postmortem and retrospective reviews post incident, making sure that the full process is followed and managed via problem management.
- Manage and maintain internal problem management knowledge base and google site.
- Provide support and work with teams within the business to organise deployments and hold accountable for any bugs/problems caught during the problem management process.
High attention to detail, and extensive experience of working in a senior problem/incident management role and ITIL processes, ideally with ITIL Certification for problem or incident management.
Strong technical understanding and background.
Good understanding of change management and SRE principles.
Ability to work and drive problem resolution with a varying range of stakeholders at all levels from executive leadership to operational owners.
Process orientated with attention to detail, whilst being able to understand the “bigger picture” and priorities.
Knowledge of applications & processes such as:
- Atlassian Jira
- ITIL v4 Certifications
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- ISO27001 or SOC2
- ISO 9001
- Salesforce - task ray (project management), and service cloud (service desk) tools
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.