Senior Risk Detection Specialist
How would you maximise the automated classification of millions of pieces of content in real time?
This is the role the Risk Detection team has at Crisp. A role central to everything that we do to protect children, brands and platforms online. We need smart, logical, detail-orientated, team-players who can solve problems and deliver under pressure.
As a Senior Risk Detection Specialist you will collaborate with subject matter experts to define new risks types, review and propose changes to existing risk types definitions and taxonomy, and optimise our linguistic rules. This work plays a key role in our AI technology to accurately detect content that poses a risk for our customers.
Full training will be given on systems used for this role. However, you will need to be comfortable with IT, possess a logical brain and have creative problem-solving skills along with fine attention to detail as you will be required to follow processes in a methodical and logical approach. And if those skills identify areas of improvement to those processes, all the better.
In this role you will:
- Horizon scan social media landscape to understand how risks present themselves, differentiating across platforms and communities
- Review existing risk type definitions so they are fit for purpose
- Propose changes to risk type taxonomy
- Understand different risk signals conceptually, such as risk detection capabilities and machine learning models, and be able to propose how to use different combinations of those signals in order to identify risks
- Track and manage the development and performance of risk detection capability, ensuring that they are not generating excessive false positive results
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to (re)define risk types and then make sure they are implemented as designed
- Construct and revise linguistic rules which will accurately match text strings that pose a risk.
- Make recommendations around Risk Types for Product definition and improvements, while considering risk detection capability, accuracy, and cost.
- Great understanding of how risk manifests in digital chatter and the online world
- Excellent Google suite or Excel skills
- Good understanding of social media and online communities
- Foreign languages advantageous
- Query language experience a plus (e.g. SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Key Personal Characteristics
- An understanding of the balance between Precision and Recall
- An understanding of False Positives and False Negatives
- Ability to work with high volumes of data
- Adept in learning how to navigate new IT tools
- Ability to work in a fast-moving dynamic environment
- Strong teamwork ethic, but with possessing strong initiative and ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Analytical and creative mindset
- A logical thinker and quick learner
- Ability to use initiative and apply common sense
- Strong attention to detail
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”
Crisp, a Kroll business is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.