Senior Software Engineer
Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brand and social platforms, to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
As a senior engineer you will be participating in the entire software development life cycle, and will be working on a wide variety of projects as part of our product roadmap. You’ll be capable of working on your own or leading small teams of engineers to deliver agile projects.
The opportunity offers the chance to work for a company that produces some of the most advanced technology in the world – technology that is utilised by some of the largest social media environments and games companies across the globe.
There is also an opportunity to act as mentor and go to person for the associate developers and other less experienced members of the team.
Directly Responsible Individual
- Writing code
- Writing unit tests
- Demoing features to stakeholders and the wider business
- Is responsible for the quality of the software created.
- Interacts and partners and various stakeholders
- Share knowledge and best practice.
- Analyse system requirements
- Test and debug various applications
- Review and refactor code
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Support junior developers’ work
- Document development and operational procedures
- Work experience as a professional software developer
- Proficiency in building web-based applications
- Experience of using automated environment build tooling (ideally Azure Devops)
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Good communication skills
- Google Cloud Platform
- Octopus Deploy
- Agile Project delivery (ideally Kanban)
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.