Senior Taxonomy Analyst
As a Senior Taxonomy Analyst at Crisp you will join the Data team but work across the whole organisation being a taxonomy and ontology advocate. You'll have experience developing taxonomies (including multilingual) and will help us build a foundation for Crisps’ Knowledge Graph (our proprietary software) and AI-driven proposition.
Helping to manage Taxonomy Governance you will work with Risk & Research analysts to ensure data flows into the Ontology and the Graph. The team also contributes to content structure, classifications and tagging. We are passionate about our work and communicate often, share ideas openly and learn from each other. We always work to improve our processes.
- Proactively identify external data to contribute to the Ontology.
- Monitor and control the Ontology to ensure clean data inclusion.
- You will develop taxonomies, thesauri, and controlled vocabularies with an emphasis on sustainability.
- You will identify taxonomy requirements through end-user research, Crisps’ existing content corpus and input from partners and external sources.
- Identify taxonomy indicators, measure taxonomy effectiveness and create taxonomy performance reporting.
- Work with teams, including analytics, research, developers, engineers, and data scientists.
- Educate the organisation on the impact and return on investment of taxonomy work and provide ongoing support with taxonomy governance and implementation frameworks.
- This is a hands-on taxonomy management role
- Degree in Information Management, Library, and Information Science or equivalent 5+ years’ experience as a working taxonomist.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google sheets, Ontology development applications, SPARQL/SQL, PoolParty or similar
- Knowledge and experience of big data analysis, business analysis and good communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in Ontology design and management of data structures and maintaining large-scale taxonomies, ontologies.
- Experience with multilingual taxonomy creation and management, metadata standards, subject classification, and knowledge organization for large organizations.
- Skills in gathering taxonomy efficiency requirements, including user interviews, heuristic reviews, and taxonomy tree testing.
- Excellent ability to communicate taxonomy value to the business in non-technical language through training and presentations.
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be WFH full time until 2022, perhaps longer. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- An attractive pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.