Senior Technical Business Analyst
Crisp utilises highly configurable technology to support a multitude of services for a diverse range of clients. The BA profession is relatively new at Crisp, but proving invaluable as the company grows. You will be our first Technical BA, providing an opportunity to work in partnership with our VP of Engineering to shape our approach to core platform delivery. All of our specialised software delivery (i.e. internal/external UI, data collection, analytics etc.) and service configuration depends on the flexibility, scalability and reliability of our core platform, so this role is critical to our aspirations as a company.
We are looking for an experienced Technical BA (5+ years experience) who can confidently take on a lead role across the delivery lifecycle of large scale, complex changes with touchpoints across the business - problem definition, solution design, approval, delivery, roll out and validation.
Technical experience and understanding is key i.e. software development, QA, data management/analytics. You’ll need to be able to confidently facilitate technically focused discussions and capture their outputs as change requirements. In particular, expertise in nonfunctional requirements analysis is vital; both clear articulation to support delivery and post change validation to prove success. Of equal importance drive to succeed. You’ll need to be able work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment, be unafraid to take risks and embrace continuous learning.
Proven track record as a Technical Business Analyst, with evidence of driving successful delivery of complex changes:
- Working with stakeholders from across professions to analyse and define complex technical problems and opportunities; forming an in-depth understanding and clearly articulating how they relate to wider business need
- Eliciting functional and non-functional requirements using a range of techniques (e.g. workshops, interviews, workflow mapping etc.) and translate them into precise and actionable stories and acceptance criteria
- Supporting technology research and development (e.g. iterations of hypotheses testing to prove out approach before investing in full production)
- Defining measurable success criteria for solutions to problems and driving validation to demonstrate return on investment
- Maintaining a prioritised backlog of epic and stories
- Working with tech leadership (architecture, development, configuration) to agree solutions, including iterations of change to validate approach
- Becoming an expert in the fundamentals of our tools and be able to communicate proposed solutions to senior stakeholders from across the business
- Supporting Agile continuous delivery approaches, ensuring that solving the problem is core to all steps taken (e.g. Kanban, Scrum, Lean Start-Up, XP etc.)
- Facilitating delivery forecasting (e.g. points, cycle time, road-maps etc.)
- Supporting Quality Assurance in formation of test plans and leading Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate communication between delivery teams and business stakeholders to ensure that change realises its full potential
- Background in a B2B technology company
- Experience of formal analysis techniques including process mapping, physical and logical modelling etc.
- Formal business analysis or change delivery qualifications
- Interest and experience in social media
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- A generous option allocation
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defence, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fuelled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels.
The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”