Crisp are currently growing at a fast pace, and are on the lookout for a Software Developer in Test and we want to hear from you!
In response to COVID -19, these roles will be WFH full time until 2021. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
In 2021, your flexibility to work in our Leeds office will be key, as we will be gradually returning to our offices.
Leading global brands and social platforms trust Crisp for Social Media Safety, safeguarding their share price and reputation by guaranteeing they are always the first to know. Which means they are always the first to act.
By combining Artificial and Human Intelligence, Crisp’s Extended Intelligence delivers 24/7/365 safety by continually fighting the weaponization of communications from whoever the source, whatever the language and whichever the online harm.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify the “unknown unknowns”. Crisp’s proprietary technology then does the heavy lifting by scanning the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data on this select cohort of individuals.
Crisp currently protects over $3.6 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service, and the trust our customers have in us to deliver that service.
As an SDET, you will be responsible for maintaining and modernising a large test automation suite, for testing a range of web services. As an SDET you need to be at the level of a C# Developer, as you will be implementing automation testing in the C# language.
You will take accountability for future technical direction of approach to test automation & working closely with the development team.
You will be testing a highly configurable and open ended platform, therefore, critical thinking, good test architecture and abstract thinking is essential to the role.
You will be responsible for creation of automation tests and manual testing, to ensure that solutions are high quality, scalable, cost effective, efficient, secure and resilient to meet the strategic goals of the company.
Extensive experience of testing API's and web applications & strong technical understanding of project requirements will be key to your success.
Ability to form strong working relationships with your peers is an essential part of your role, as well as strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Experience writing reliable automated UI tests is essential
- Experience maintaining an automated test solution
- Experience (or to a proficient level) of an object oriented language - ideally C#
- Strong knowledge of relevant language test libraries (e.g if C#: NUnit, XUnit, MSTest etc)
- Experience in regression and functional test automation
- Prior experience writing automated UI tests
- Ability to write automated tests for REST API’s and asynchronous web services
- Familiarity with messaging brokering concepts, e.g Kafka, PubSub, MSMQ, RabbitMQ etc.
- Experience with version control and CI systems
- A keen eye for detail
- A passion to deliver a high quality product
- Natural problem solver
- Driven to continue to learn
- Team player who can adapt easily, embrace change and overcome obstacles in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Experience architecting an automated test solution from the ground up
- Experience writing agile tests for short lived, ephemeral test environments
- Comfortable writing test automation for non-functional aspects
- ISTQB certification
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud / AWS / Azure
- Experience working with different test paradigms, eg BDD, TDD
- Knowledge of basic design patterns
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which include25 days holiday + bank holidaysCritical IllnessLife Insurance CoverHealthcare Cash PlanSubsidised gym membershipCycle to Work schemeCommuters club
If this isn’t enough, we are set in some of the best offices in Leeds and have free fruit delivered every Monday, we have a breakfast order each Friday, including ‘beer’ afternoon on Fridays…plus monthly pizza treats !
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.