We are currently recruiting for an SVP of Content, based in the United States.
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defense, with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act.
These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumors, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fueled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. Unfortunately, anyone has the power to create and share harmful content, especially instigators and influencers who distribute millions of new types every day.
Established in 2005 by social media entrepreneur Adam Hildreth, Crisp began protecting children and teenagers using online games and social networks from abuse, sexual exploitation, cyberbullying and other online harms. This relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
Crisp currently protects over $4.5 trillion of aggregate market capitalization across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in us to protect their reputational risk.
The SVP of Content oversees all insights derived from our data / human intelligence and determines the format of how these insights are delivered to our customers and prospects, across multiple platforms and composes them to drive sales, engagement, retention, lead generation and positive customer behavior.
What we expect from you
You will be an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. You’ll ensure that there is one singular branded voice.
You will collaborate with other functions to help define the brand story as interpreted by the prospects, customers, analysts, investors and staff. All achieved by developing unique, valuable content that distinguishes the company and drives new business opportunities.
You’ll take the company’s strategy and define personas for communications, developing a content strategy that addresses target audiences and ensures Crisp stands out against the broader market. You’ll be responsible for the design and editorial review of content, working with internal and external providers of materials and skills.
You’ll identify opportunities for delivering content in different formats and channels based upon emerging market trends, thought leadership content and marketing campaigns.
You’ll track and measure ROI and other metrics on the effectiveness of content in reach and voice.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolution of that strategy is a must.
- Effectively managing content creation workflows while overseeing A/B testing, conversion funnels, and many other facets of the content team.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Driving editorial leads, creative production and marketing communications managers, writers, editors, content strategists to deliver best-in-class work; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Working with the head of strategic analytics to gather data and make recommendations based on those insights. Working with owners of particular channels to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, production, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Working with our technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive content and creative audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implementing appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participating in the hiring and supervising of content/story leads, creative production and marketing communications.
- Creating a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Collaborating with the Chief Marketing Officer and SVP of Demand Generation on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated in English, Journalism, Public Relations or field relevant to marketing/communications. Masters in marketing a plus.
- Extensive experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target audiences. Relevant industry experience, such as crisis communications, risk intelligence, a plus.
- Expertise in relevant business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Project Management tools, such as Monday).
- People Management experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages required.
- Experience reaching and engaging with global audiences in a multicultural organization.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and have a “nose” for the story. Training in creative storytelling using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to lead and inspire designers and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
- Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- Ability to work in a 24-hour project cycle, utilizing teams or contractors in other countries.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (Hubspot, HootSuite, Tweetdeck) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Sprinklr).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, Keynote, PowerPoint).
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Need to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Analytical - able to combine qualitative and quantitative data to extract actionable insights from content efforts. Able to predict future trends and identify and leverage opportunities.
- Creative - see beyond industry norms to create groundbreaking and engaging content, setting trends, not following them.
- Audience advocate - act as a champion for our target audience, able to communicate with them to tap into their drivers and needs. Is comfortable exchanging ideas with colleagues, peers, and customers and able to convey key messages in a way they will understand.
- Organized - collaborates with different departments and tracks every aspect of a multi-pronged content strategy.
- Sales-minded - understands that our content is a powerful sales tool, and understands the role content plays in converting readers into customers and knows what types of content will fuel the process.
What you get in return:
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme with payment based on individual and Company performance
- 20 days holiday and Public Holidays
- Life Insurance Cover
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Commuter Loans to help your journey to work
- Employee perks with freebies, discounts, rewards and more
- Mental Health wellbeing portal
- Support and provision of supplies for home working