We are currently recruiting for an SVP of Demand Generation, based in the United States.
Crisp provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defense, with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act.
These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumors, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fueled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. Unfortunately, anyone has the power to create and share harmful content, especially instigators and influencers who distribute millions of new types every day.
Established in 2005 by social media entrepreneur Adam Hildreth, Crisp began protecting children and teenagers using online games and social networks from abuse, sexual exploitation, cyberbullying and other online harms. This relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
Crisp currently protects over $4.5 trillion of aggregate market capitalization across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service and the trust our customers have in us to protect their reputational risk.
The SVP of Demand Generation plays a vital role in making sure that all marketing activities throughout the buyer journey are aligned to data-driven best practices for attracting and converting targeted prospects into quality marketing leads.
This includes informing top-of-funnel outbound messaging, channel selection and tactics early on, so that they can support business development and account-based marketing efforts. It also includes overseeing inbound marketing efforts to track and deliver content to interested parties in a way that moves them through to becoming a valid prospect for our sales teams.
What we expect from you
You will be an expert in all things related to demand generation and account-based marketing, prospect segmentation and audience development, channel and media optimization, sales and marketing collateral, analytics and meaningful measurement. You’ll ensure that marketing is in the service of sales and providing a robust pipeline of opportunities.
You will collaborate with other functions to help define an account-based marketing strategy and the business cases needed by new prospects and existing customers to advance opportunities. All achieved by developing a data-driven marketing engine that harnesses our growing content library to attract, convert and measure new business opportunities.
You’ll take the company’s marketing strategy and use it to further define our vision for demand generation and account-based marketing, aligning content and programming to the buyer journey across Crisp’s target prospects and industries. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of demand generation activities and the account-based marketing program, working with internal and external providers of materials and deliverables.
You’ll identify opportunities for strengthening marketing programming with demand generation and account-based marketing best practices, data-driven insights and your proven, relevant past experience.
You’ll track and measure ROI and other metrics on the effectiveness of lead generation and the efficiency of channels used to deliver them.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying new demand generation channels and defining spend recommendations for demand generation programs based upon targeted audiences, budget and business KPIs.
- Delivering demand generation programming, across an integrated mix of channels, including traditional offline and virtual engagements and online hyper-targeted campaigns.
- Evaluating demand generation activities to ensure peak performance, and to enable feedback to the sales & marketing team on what’s working, resonating or underperforming.
- Specifically, this includes the following channels:
- Digital marketing activity, including social media, website retargeting and SEO/SEM.
- Virtual and offline marketing activity, like events, conferences, speaking engagements, round tables and direct mail.
- Existing customer channels, through senior client partners and other referral tactics handled with care for this important audience.
- Supervising paid media, search and inbound marketing channel decisions; being an arbiter of best practices in building an effective inbound pipeline of leads.
- Integration of content activities from brand building marketing campaigns with sales prospecting and account-based marketing efforts.
- Working closely with the head of strategic analytics to measure, optimize and inform future demand generation and account-based marketing programming and investments.
- Developing standards and best practices for a formalized account-based marketing program against targeted prospects, audiences and industry verticals.
- Leveraging sales and prospect data to develop account-based marketing programming and execute a plan to develop the assets needed against targeted prospects and industries.
- Establishing a clear buyer journey and corresponding marketing engine to drive leads.
- Working with our technical team to implement appropriate demand generation tools and technology.
- Conducting periodic education and best practice sharing.
- Supervising the maintenance of demand generation and inbound marketing technologies.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of channel and growth marketing team members.
- Collaborating with the Chief Marketing Officer and SVP of Content on all demand generation and account-based marketing initiatives to ensure a consistent delivery across channels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree educated in Business, Marketing, or a related field. Masters in marketing a distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience as a respected demand generation leader of high value services.
- Experience with creating account-based marketing programs for C-level target audiences at globally recognized brands and enterprises.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Salesforce, Hubspot), and working closely with sales to build and track marketing lead performance.
- People Management experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages required.
- Experience in a relevant or related risk intelligence category is a plus.
Your skills and abilities:
- Proven marketing skills. Understanding of lead generation fundamentals.
- Training in account-based marketing and demand generation as disciplines.
- The ability to build a formalized ABM program and a demand gen marketing engine.
- Skilled at both the technical and analytical aspects of a successful lead generation program, and also the content and media channels needed to execute it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind a demand generation or ABM program.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving sales and marketing teams.
- Project management skills to manage campaign schedules and deadlines against sales forecasts.
- Ability to work in a 24-hour project cycle-utilizing teams or contractors in other countries.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Fluency in web analytics (Google Analytics), inbound marketing (Hubspot) and sales platforms (Salesforce).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, Keynote, PowerPoint).
- Experience building a demand generation marketing engine from the ground up.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions for managing demand generation and ABM programming.
- Analytical - able to combine qualitative and quantitative data to extract actionable insights from lead generation efforts, and adjust programming accordingly.
- Creative - able to apply relevant experience and non-traditional solutions to demand generation and ABM campaigns, not a ‘stack ‘em high, sell ‘em cheap’ approach.
- Sales advocate - act as a champion for the marketing material that sales teams need to turn leads into customers.
- Collaborative - integrate with sales, analytics, content and customer teams to deliver a holistic approach to driving leads as a business.
- Growth-minded - in all aspects of the job as we build a best-in-class marketing function from the ground up.
What you get in return:
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them. Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Market competitive pay rates based your skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme with payment based on individual and Company performance
- 20 days holiday and Public Holidays
- Life Insurance Cover
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Commuter Loans to help your journey to work
- Employee perks with freebies, discounts, rewards and more
- Mental Health wellbeing portal
- Support and provision of supplies for home working