Technical Business Analyst
Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm. Our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brands and social platforms to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price. We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
Crisp utilises highly configurable technology to support a multitude of services for a diverse range of clients. The BA profession is relatively new at Crisp, but proving invaluable as the company grows. You will be our first Technical BA, providing an opportunity to work in partnership with our CTO and VP of Engineering to shape our approach to core platform delivery. All of our specialised software delivery (i.e. internal/external UI, data collection, analytics etc.) and service configuration depends on the flexibility, scalability and reliability of our core platform, so this role is critical to our aspirations as a company.
We are looking for an experienced Technical BA who can confidently take on a lead role across the delivery lifecycle of large scale, complex changes with touchpoints across the business - problem definition, solution design, approval, delivery, roll out and validation.
Technical experience and understanding is key for this role i.e. software development, QA, data management/analytics. You’ll need to be able to confidently facilitate technically focused discussions and capture their outputs as change requirements. In particular, expertise in non-functional requirements analysis is vital; both clear articulation to support delivery and post change validation to prove success. Of equal importance is the drive to succeed. You’ll need to be able work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment, be unafraid to take risks and embrace continuous learning.
- Form an in depth understanding of the functional and nonfunctional requirements of a proposal for a new or improved capability (including formulation of clear objectives mapped to use cases and business value)
- Communicate requirements to a range of stakeholders (technical, operational, commercial, marketing etc.)
- Work with Solution Architects to identify gaps and determine high level solutions
- Work with Project Management to assess time criticality of change (i.e. forms part of wider strategic project or new service offering)
- Support proposal to Change Board to gain approval for investment and priority steer (including C-level executives)
- Facilitate delivery of new or improved capabilities, always focussed on the needs of our customers (both internal and external)
- Break down of capability gaps into iterations of change for delivery teams
- Support the forecast of delivery, communicate changes to timelines and risks
- Manage dependencies between teams, resolve blockers and impediments
- Manage the acceptance of iterations as having met requirements
- Roll Out, Adoption & Validation
- Documentation and handover new capabilities to other delivery teams (software development and configuration) so that they can be used in implementations of services
- Updating the capability catalogue to reflect new capabilities so they can be leveraged in existing or future services
- Provide training on how to use new capabilities
- Validation that change has successfully contributed to meeting of objectives
- Capturing stakeholder feedback to inform continuous improvement of capabilities
Proven track record as a Technical Business Analyst, with evidence of driving successful delivery of complex changes:
- Working with stakeholders from across professions to analyse and define complex technical problems and opportunities; forming an in-depth understanding and clearly articulating how they relate to wider business need
- Eliciting functional and non-functional requirements using a range of techniques (e.g. workshops, interviews, workflow mapping etc.) and translate them into precise and actionable stories and acceptance criteria
- Supporting technology research and development (e.g. iterations of hypotheses testing to prove out approach before investing in full production)
- Defining measurable success criteria for solutions to problems and driving validation to demonstrate return on investment
- Maintaining a prioritised backlog of epic and stories
- Working with tech leadership (architecture, development, configuration) to agree solutions, including iterations of change to validate approach
- Becoming an expert in the fundamentals of our tools and be able to communicate proposed solutions to senior stakeholders from across the business
- Supporting Agile continuous delivery approaches, ensuring that solving the problem is core to all steps taken (e.g. Kanban, Scrum, Lean Start-Up, XP etc.)
- Facilitating delivery forecasting (e.g. points, cycle time, road-maps etc.)
- Supporting Quality Assurance in formation of test plans and leading Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate communication between delivery teams and business stakeholders to ensure that change realises its full potential
You’ll also need:
- A technical background - software development, QA, data management, analytics etc.
- Ability to operate at pace, managing multiple deliveries in parallel
- Exceptional stakeholder management and presentation skills
- In depth understanding of the BA profession and industry trends
- Background in a B2B technology company
- Experience of formal analysis techniques including process mapping, physical and logical modelling etc.
- Formal business analysis or change delivery qualifications
- Interest and experience in social media
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and retain them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus scheme / commission scheme with payment based on revenue generated as a result of generated sales leads
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (20 days in the US)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan / Healthcare, dental and vision plan
- An attractive pension / 401k retirement plan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee perks schemes offering discounts, rewards, giveaways and more
- Subsidised gym membership
- Mental health wellbeing portal and access to an in-house clinical psychologist
- Support and provision of supplies to facilitate home working
- Flexible working opportunities
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.