Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brand and social platforms, to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
You will be a member of the Threat Intelligence Leadership Team which has accountability for the identification of online harmful social content – through a range of intelligence assessment processes, enabled by a combination of AI and Human Intelligence Teams
A successful candidate will be required to be customer facing, supporting weekly assessment and development meetings. They will be responsible for leading their team area – eventually acting as the subject matter expert (SME).
Working with both internal and external stakeholder teams, from Crisp for Platforms Executive/ Sponsor level through to a range of analyst and technical teams to ensure that the organisation is aligned to deliver the most effective intel products that our customers and staff require.
The role will require daily operational intel assessment, weekly assessments and also the ability to organise specialist project teams to produce a range of Operational and Strategic Intelligence Report products.
In your role you will work alongside Head of Delivery for Intel – but also our Crisis Monitoring teams and specialist alerting functions within the Organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Regular Intelligence Submissions - linked to Technical Assessment
- Responsible for conducting investigations into new and emerging technical threats identified by wider intel teams
- Assessment of open and closed source technical ecosystems
- Regular Intel delivery against new and emerging threats to customers
- Production and Delivery of specialist client Intelligence requests
- Identification of current and future requirements to analytic tools
- Likely to involve full intel lifecycle management – OSINT focus and Technical Assessment (although not exclusively) of open source and wider data sets
- Line Management responsibility
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Ability to assess Open-Source and Technical environments for threat
- Ability to design and develop approaches to create a view of bad actor communities
- Capable of leading multi-discipline analyst teams
- Producing Strategic Threat Reporting - aligned to Technical Risks
- Producing Operational/ Tactical Intelligence Reports
- Ability to conduct assessment of Bad Actor Communities in Gray and Dark Markets
- Horizon scanning / Forward look risk assessment
- Experience of assessing and managing risk in a digital or open source environment
- Excellent briefing and presentation skills – Team Wide and Exec Level
- Excellent people engagement skills
- Ability to Influence at all levels, in a positive and professional manner
- Strong focus on organisational skills and structured team delivery
- Focus on staff welfare and staff development
This role is based in our Leeds office however there will be occasional domestic and overseas travel to support client engagements and emerging client needs
- Experience of working in Risk/ Threat Assessment Environments
- Active Risk Assessment
- Open Source Risk Assessment
- Technical Risk Assessment
- Policing, Military, or similar careers in Open Source Intel or Commercial Risk Assessment
- Experience of working in an investigation environment for Intelligence (or Evidential) production
- Quality Assurance – with a focus on Intelligence Reporting
- Additional Language experience
- CLAS or similar experience
- Experience with Quality Management practices - design, deploy and monitor
- Experience in Intelligence Lifecycle Management
- Experience in International operating experience (predominantly US – but not exclusively)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Critical Illness and life insurance cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Fruit on Mondays
- Breakfast and beer on Fridays!
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”