We are on the lookout for a Technical Writer to join our ever growing Engineering team!
Crisp is a social media safety and crisis monitoring firm, and our technology is used by some of the world’s largest, best known brand and social platforms, to provide fast detection of critical issues and crises. We help companies by spotting fake news and rumours being spread about brands on social media, which can damage sales and impact share price.
We also protect users of social media from harmful and unwanted user generated content, utilising hundreds of analysts and moderators operating 24/7 and in over 50 languages.
This is an exciting and new role at Crisp, and you will have the opportunity to shape it in a way that delivers the best outcome to the users.
Reporting directly to our VP of Engineering, you will develop a range of technical documentation to support our platform, tools, plug-ins and releases. This will involve working across the business and with various audiences, both internal and external, and a requirement to produce effective material for non-technical as well as technical audiences. This will require the need to continually review and adopt, where appropriate, new techniques and methods to ensure that our documentation is as effective,taking complex information and communicating it clearly, concisely and accurately.
What you will do
- Perform needs analysis to understand user goals and objectives and identify appropriate deliverables for projects. This will involve researching and gaining a thorough understanding of the operation of our platform, the flow of content through the business and customer requirements
- Design and format content to appropriately meet the requirements for target audiences with a variety of technical knowledge. This will involve mapping technical concepts to product features and demonstrating how features solve customer problems
- Use a thorough understanding of grammar, sentence structure, and writing voice to create, and edit a document
- Work with Consultants and Engineers to gather information related to products, processes, and client engagements, and document this information
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Crisp’s internally facing product documentation and ensuring that the market facing documentation is an accurate reflection of this
- Propose and implement appropriate quality assurance processes to ensure the highest quality of documentation, that accurately reflects the subject matter, is usable and easily understable, thereby exceeding audience expectations
What we look for in you
- Experience of working as a technical writer within a software house with knowledge of current documentation techniques and methods with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality deliverables
- Experience with graphical design to create instructional visual assets, including editing graphics and digital illustrations
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design concepts, including experience of their using associated methodologies
- Self-discipline and the time management skills to propose own priorities, with the ability to work autonomously across multiple projects
- Enjoys working and engaging with highly collaborative projects, ideally with diverse teams
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence as an end-user
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Actively seeks out opportunities to learn more about software products, their features and usability
- Strong attention to detail
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which include
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Critical Illness
- Life Insurance Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket travel loans
- Discounted gym membership
If this isn’t enough, we are set in some of the best offices in Leeds and have free fruit delivered every Monday, we have a breakfast order each Friday, including ‘beer’ afternoon on Fridays…plus monthly pizza treats !
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”