Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
This is an exciting and brand new role at Crisp, where you will have the opportunity to shape the role in a way which delivers the best outcome to the users.
As a Technical Writer, you'll need the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and processes and make them easily understandable through text and graphics. You need to be a team player who can both communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, as well as Crisp internal teams.
- Designs and formats content to appropriately meet the requirements for target audiences with a variety of technical knowledge
- Applies a thorough understanding of grammar, sentence structure, and writing voice to create, and edit a document.
- Creates technical documentation to support the range of tools, plug-ins and upgrades in line with online learning activities and specific customer requirements.
- Work with Consultants and Engineers to gather information related to products, processes, and client engagements, and document this information.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Crisp product documentation.
- Due to this being a brand new role, your experience working as a Technical Writer in a software house is essential as you will be organising your own work
- Self-discipline and time management skills to work autonomously.
- Enjoys working and engaging with a highly collaborative team on projects.
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence as an end-user.
- Seeks opportunities to learn more about software products, their features and usability
- Experienced in thinking critically about information, services, and processes.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality documentation with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write for technical concepts, how they map to product features, and how the features solve client business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences of different knowledge levels.
What we would like you to have, but it’s not an essential…
- Experience with graphical design to create instructional visual assets.
- Experience with editing graphics and digital illustrations.
- Experience developing presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Experience or understanding with adult learning theory and instructional design concepts.
- Experience working with a global and/or culturally diverse team across a complex matrix environment.
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which include
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Critical Illness
• Life Insurance Cover
• Healthcare Cash Plan.
If this isn’t enough, we are set in some of the best offices in Leeds and have free fruit delivered every Monday, we have a breakfast order each Friday, including ‘beer’ afternoon on Fridays…
Crisp’s mission is to protect Global Brands, children and social platforms from Social Media risk. At Crisp we believe that everyone should be safe from unwanted User Generated Content online. We are a high growth company that already works with and protects the world’s biggest brands and social platforms.
Crisp comprises hundreds of expert consultants in linguistics, moderation, psychology, data protection, law and regulation supported by world leading proprietary software and empowered by knowledge and expertise to intervene decisively to protect brands from social media risks in minutes, 24/7 across the globe.
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.”
Back to all careers